Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Angels



Last Tuesday I had to take Vinnie to the vet, while checking in for the vet the hospital called to schedule Colin's procedure.
I then spent all the time between taking to vets about Vinnie texting people to get things in line for his procedure the following Tuesday. They then told me Vinnie needed to stay for about 4 hours to get a test done. I didn't want to wait that long so I called Chris to see if he could pick Vinnie up after the test. He agreed to do it.
After I left the vet I was going to head straight home, but I was so stressed that I pulled into a Mimi's cafe and decided to have lunch.

I got seated and the waitress came by and asked if I wanted a drink, at first I said no, but then she said that I really looked like I could use one and she had this perfect mix of three juices with champange so I said yes.
She came back and sat down at the table and asked if I was okay. I started crying and told her no. I explained about Colin and the dog.

She started crying and told me that her son went through a lot of the same things. She told me about different procedures that he went through and how when he turned 5 things seemed to turn around for him and he is now 13 and does BMX riding and other things.

When I left she gave me 4 free muffins and wrote her cell number down on the receipt. I gave her a huge tip and wrote a thank you note on the receipt back to her.

Today I was going through my wallet and found her number texted her today to tell her about Colin. She just sent a huge text back telling me she has thought about me every day since and was so glad to get an update.

I truly believe that God sent her to me to help me that day. I will probably never see her again because that Mimi's was over an hour away, but she holds a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment