Friday, February 14, 2014

Arizona Vacation

We had our first true, out of the state vacation as a family of 4 in three years this past weekend. It was a wonderful vacation and the kids did fantastic!

It all started when the girls basketball team that I helped manage in high school was being inducted into the hall of fame in Chandler. I decided I wanted to attend. So then we decided to add a few extra days on and enjoy some warm Arizona sun.
We landed on Saturday and my mom picked me up from the airport and we headed to the induction while the kids got the luggage and made a stop at McDonalds.  Afterwards we met back up and went to see a few of my friends from when I lived in AZ.
 On Sunday we went to the Renaissance festival. The kids had a blast and Alyssa got a mermaid painted on her arm.
On Monday we went to an indoor play area and a see turtle aquarium.
On Tuesday it was the Wildlife zoo and aquarium.
On Wednesday we got an a plane and came back home to the cold.

Everyday we went from early morning to about 8:30 pm every night non-stop the kids got a few little cat naps in the car from one place to the other, but nothing big. And they did fantastic!! We had two very very small meltdowns from each kid but nothing big or that lasted very long. They were well behaved and seemed to really enjoy everything we did.
A few times throughout the trip Alyssa would lean over to me and say "Thank you for bringing me here". Since we have been home Alyssa has talked about going back every day.
I love watching the kids interact with my mom and step dad and brother. Since they don't get to see them often I always wonder in they will remember them, but each time it takes less and less time to warm up. Most of the time the kids wanted to hold Michael Michaels hand or Grandma's hand.
Even on the flights the kids did a good job. They are long flights and the kids sat still and didn't cause any issues on the flight.
I can't wait to have more vacations and enjoy them as our kids get older and enjoy more.

No comments:

Post a Comment