Thursday, October 4, 2018

21 years

21 years ago today I went to a high school football game to flirt with a cute guy I had been talking to. The conversation was super awkward, however after the game we went had pizza and played mini golf.
15 years ago today that same cute guy asked me to marry him.
Our life has had many ups, downs, and middle of the roads. He has stood by my side through all of it.
We have been together through my parents divorce, both of us finishing college after we got married, me struggling with my job, me starting my own business, finishing my masters, having a very sick child and chronic pain.  Life isn't always easy and there are time we get into a rut or have some pretty yucky fights.
  However I feel that because our relationship was long distance for a good part of 5 years we have learned how to communicate better than others.
  For me it is also the reminders of the love we have for each other around the house. We have a picture from our early dating years lining our steps. On the mirror on our dresser we have an index card that lists what we admire about the other person.
 Our relationship isn't perfect, and we have learned it takes work. It is work that is worth it to have your best friend by your side helping raise the family that we have always dreamed about.

No comments:

Post a Comment