Thursday, May 13, 2010

Alyssa is getting big

Tonight Alyssa went potty on the potty! I'm so excited. I have been telling people for awhile that I was going to work on potty training her this summer and everyone rolled their eyes at me and told me that she was too young. I told them I wasn't going to push but I was going to try.
So for the last few nights we have been putting her on the potty before her bath. She sits for all of two seconds then gets up.
This morning I put her on the potty when she woke up and she sat there for almost 2 minutes while we sang songs. Tonight she wasn't going to get a bath but I put her on the potty before I changed her into her PJ's and she went potty! I was clapping and praising her. She just got up and started to walk around the bathroom. She could care less that I was so happy for her. I made a big deal of it but I don't think she cared.
Hopefully potty training will keep working. It would be nice to not spend the money on diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment