Thursday, May 13, 2010

Telling about Baby # 2

Since I have already had one baby and a miscarriage we weren't sure how to tell people I was pregnant again. Some people knew about the miscarriage but others didn't.

The first person I told was my brother Michael a week after we found out. I was just talking to him on the phone and told him I had a secret. He was so excited for us.

The second person I told was my mom. I told her when I could not get a hold of the doctor on that Friday. I was nervous and knew if it was bad news I would need her. I told her that Chris and I talked and that there was no way that the four of us would be able to make it out for Christmas this year. She caught on really fast and was super excited.

The third was my dad. I wore a shirt down to visit him that said "Baby Knight under construction". My dad saw it within us being there for under a minute. His mouth dropped open and he said "really?!" and I said yes and he gave me a big hug.

The fourth was Chris's parents. We went out to dinner and though I had thought of many cute ways to tell them Chris just wanted to tell them. So we did. They are super happy too, though Judy said she wanted a June or May baby not a December but she will get over it.




The rest of Chris's family found out on Mother's day. Alyssa wore a shirt that said Big Sister in training. It only took a few minutes before someone noticed the shirt and then news spread quick. Everyone seemed happy. I'm glad the news is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment