Friday, September 3, 2010

25 Weeks pregnant

5 weeks 24 weeks

I am 25 weeks pregnant (as of yesterday).
This pregnancy hasn't been as easy as the one with Alyssa. I have had a lot more pain and sickness with this one. I don't know if it is because my muscles already knew what to do and just stretched faster or what. When comparing pictures I think I'm a little bigger than I was with Alyssa at this point but not much. I really didn't think I had grown much in the last few weeks but I have noticed my belly bumping into things and getting harder to bend over to pick Alyssa's toys up off the floor. I have been walking every morning with some neighbor ladies and I think it has been good for me to get out and moving every morning.
But there have also been some pluses to it. I have gained about 13-15 lbs depending on the day. This morning I decided it was time to try on my clothes because they say you come home from the hospital about 6 months pregnant and I'm in that stretch right now. So I tried on my size 8. They were super tight in the thighs but they went on, the button was just very far away from each other. So next I pulled out my size 12's. I put them on no problem and was even able to get them fully zipped and buttoned, with my hands in the pockets, just don't ask me to breathe. That was exciting because I know I will be able to wear those a few weeks after the baby is born as long as I don't gain to much more weight.
I then put on my size 14 skirt. It was tight and I could put it on but it sits higher than my 12s so even though it was bigger it was still tight. I probably could have worn them for an hour or so but then I would have been very uncomfortable. So I then took it off and put on my wonderful comfy maternity pants.
I am so excited to start the nursery. The crib is to arrive today and I can promise you that by Monday it will be put together, the bedding will be in it and there will be a few hangings on the wall. We will have also gone to pick out paint for the changing table and bookshelf. Hopefully the bookshelf will be bought and put together too.
I'm so ready to start doing things for his room. The wall is not finished but it is coming along and we will just leave space so that the other stuff doesn't get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment