Saturday, October 23, 2010

32 Weeks



32 weeks with Alyssa 32 weeks with Colin

How far along? 32 weeks

Total weight gain: About 20 pounds. It depends on the day and what I ate the day before.

Maternity clothes? Yep there is no way to fit into any bottoms that aren't maternity anymore and tops don't cover my big belly..

Sleep: I am actually sleeping okay but I do wake up a few times a night to roll over which is now a process and my hip hurts from whatever side I'm sleeping on.

Best moment this week: Going to the doctor and hearing the heartbeat again. That never gets old.

Movement: I feel the baby every night now he is getting stronger by the day. He likes to stretch with his head in my left hip and his feet in my right rib.

Gender: Boy! Colin for a name

Labor Signs: none but if I over do it during the day I get a lot of cramps and don't feel good.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting more shallow.

What I miss: Being able to bend over and not think about how I'm going to breathe. My lap is also shrinking so it is getting harder to hold Alyssa for long periods in my lap.

What I am looking forward to: Starting to wash clothes and put the finishing touches on the nursery.

Weekly Wisdom: Slow down and take it easy.

Milestones: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment