Saturday, February 5, 2011

Princess Tea Party



Today I took Alyssa to a Princess Tea Party. She got to get all dressed up in a dress that was big and puffy. We went with Jenni and Lizzie. Alyssa had a lot of fun dancing to the music that was playing and watching all the other girls that were dressed up. Every time a princess would come over though, she would get a nervous look on her face. I got a picture with all but one of the princesses that were there and I figured by the end she would smile when they came but she never did.
I think part of it was that she really had no connection to the Princesses. She has watched Little Mermaid two times and Beauty and the Beast once. Other than that she had no idea who they were or why they were giving her hugs and taking pictures with her. In fact for awhile she was much more interested in a green tarp that was behind us.
I know she still had a lot of fun and it was fun to watch her interact with Lizzie and she LOVED getting a princess crown at the end. She also really enjoyed eating a cook and drinking apple juice out of a champagne glass.
All in all it was a fun hour and a half. I think we will have to go back for the Tinkerbell Tea in June. Maybe I will let her watch Peter Pan a few times first.

No comments:

Post a Comment