Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


It has been a wonderful weekend and I am soo so so lucky to have the amazing family that I have. Yesterday during Alyssa's nap I curled up on the couch with Chris and he watched a movie while I slept. Then after Alyssa's nap we went to the park, after playing at the park we walked to Wal Mart and got a few things, came home packed the kids up and went out to dinner at a place that we haven't eaten at in over a year.
Then last night once the kids were in bed Chris and I enjoyed the quiet of the house and while he sat and played on his computer while I played on mine we knew all was right with our house.
This morning I woke up to an empty house. I got up and enjoyed some time in my Pj's and no kids calling my name. Then they came home with flowers and doughnuts for me. Alyssa came running in the house to give me the flowers. She then went running around the house saying "Happy Mother's Day Daddy". I loved it!
I got to eat doughnuts with my family and open my mother's day cards. We then got ready for church. Before getting ready for church we had some family play time. It is an amazing sound to hear the laughter of your kids. I was in the kitchen with the biggest smile on my face while listening to Alyssa play with Colin.
We came home from church and Chris fixed me lunch with a surprise soda(my favorite kind). Now both kids are napping, Chris is watching another movie and I think it is time for a nap for me before we head off to Chris's parents to celebrate mother's day with her.
I am a lucky mom to have such amazing and wonderful kids. I am also a very very lucky wife to have a husband that has spoiled me rotten today. I have really enjoyed a day of being waited upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment