Sunday, June 24, 2012

Vacation

We just got back from a week at the Lake of the Ozarks. It was a wonderful week.
We took boat rides twice a day, enjoyed many hours of swimming and playing by the lake. We also took two day trips. One to visit my Grandpa and another to Osage to go shopping.
There are many great memories that we made this past week. So many that it seems impossible to write them all down. So I'm just going to bullet point important things I don't want to forget.

  • Colin learned how to swim on his own with just his life jacket holding him up. He learned this the second day there and enjoyed his freedom. He also liked to jump off the dock into the water.
  • Alyssa is getting better everyday at diving. It was hard for her to dive with her life jacket but she tried everyday.
  • Chris is great at driving the boat and really seemed to enjoy taking his family for boat rides. 
  • Alyssa and Colin loved running circles around my grandpa's house. They spent close to an hour running circles and making my Grandpa and me smile.
  • Alyssa picked the visit to Grandpa's to make family connections. During lunch with my grandpa she asks "Where is Great-Grandma?" I told her that she was in heaven and she asked "When can we go visit her?"
  • Both kids did fantastic with the change in routine and all the outings we took. 


It was a great week and I am so glad that we were able to spend the week as a family reconnecting and having time away from reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment