Sunday, January 27, 2013

The same, yet different

I have written 1 post since the new year. The month of January is almost over. Really the days have been super busy with normal day to day activities. By the time I sit down at night I really don't have the energy to type a blog. I also really don't have anything to say.

I was sick this week. I had strep and a sinus infection. We did interviews for the new daycare. The kids played and went to bed like normal.

 We are starting to learn to live without Vinnie. Colin still asks about him at least once a day. Today was the first time I walked into the house not expecting him to be there to greet us. And once I realized I didn't expect it, it made me sad. I still look for him every time I walk into my room upstairs. I wait for his head to peek out from under the covers. I still expect to find him sitting in my rocking chair when I go to sit down. I still really miss him.

The kids go to see the pulmonary doctor on Friday and I'm interested to see how he feels the kids have been  doing. Alyssa hasn't seen him in almost a year. She really seems to be on a good track. Colin fought off the flu and a pretty nasty cold without getting pneumonia. These are all things that make me cheer but I'm not ready to say Colin is out of the woods yet.

My goal for right now is going to be to put a blog out once a week. Keep things updated so that I don't look back and regret missing out on the "normal" everyday activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment