Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Training

Last night I walked 3 miles in 42 minutes. It is my first 3 miles towards training for a 50 mile walk at the end of May. Before I did the walk I did an hour of Zumba. By the time I came home I had a blister on my foot.

I did Zumba again tonight and now the blister is bigger. I'm not looking forward to doing Zumba and walking another 3 miles on the blister tomorrow.

Now back to this 50 mile walk. I say I'm going to do it. I have started to train for it, yet I can't get myself to go sign up for it. I think there are two things holding me back. 1. is that I have to raise $1,000. That is a lot of money and I hate asking people for money. 2. I have someone who says they are going to do it with me, yet they can only manage about 8 minutes walking/eliptical right now. While you can train and work up, we only have about 17 weeks. (That sounds like a lot but it really isn't that much). 3. I'm in the middle of opening a new daycare and that is taking a lot of time and energy and I don't want to stress about training/ working at the daycare to get it open.

I have until March 15 to sign up for the walk at the price it is now. So for now I will train and see how things go for the next month and a half. On March 14 I will make my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment