Friday, February 15, 2019

LENS therapy

So my newest adventure is trying a procedure called LENS therapy. It is where we put 3 electrodes on the nerve that is damaged and send waves into the nerve to try to calm it down. The device is hooked up to a computer and you can see the waves run across the computer screen. It looks like a heartbeat monitor. You send the waves through in 15 second increments and only do between 8 to 10 times.
After the first one I saw little change, after the second one the nerve was really upset that afternoon and evening but the next day I had the best day I had in months.
I had another one done last night. Once again last night the nerve was upset and had spasms and I was in a fair amount of pain. 
This morning while the pain isn't as good as it was last Friday I do feel better than I did before the procedure. Last time the good feeling only lasted about 24 hours. I am hoping this time it might last a little longer.
the research says that this procedure needs to be done between 8 and 20 times, but after that it should be long term.
I am really hoping that maybe I have a few good days ahead, but I have decided I'm not going to keep waiting and hoping.

This weekend I am going to sit down and make a list of the things that I absolutely refuse to give up and the things that I can give up to help calm my life down.
In other words I'm going to find a new normal that I'm happy with instead of pushing myself for better and then being disappointed when it doesn't happen.

I'm tired of my kids worrying if I will make it to their activities because my pain is so high. Last night my daughter told me that she wanted me to attend an event with her on Saturday night, but then said "Well mom, if your pain is too high I will be ok if Dad takes me". While she was being super sweet it broke my heart. I need to find a way that I can do the important things and cut back on the other things so I have the strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment