Sunday, February 17, 2019

The list

The list is starting to be made. What can I give up and what will I absolutely refuse to give up.

It is still hard to make this list because I don't want to give up hope that one day I will be better. I was hoping after my last session the pain would be less like it was the day after session number 2. It was not near as low as it was that day. I will say it was lower on Friday and Saturday, and was better than it normally is when I have a cold and weather change but wasn't as good as I had hoped.

This weekend was pretty relaxed. On Saturday we only had two things going on and on Sunday we only had 3 activities we needed to attend.

On Saturday I needed to do some baking for the party we were having on Sunday, and I wanted to make a soup that needed to simmer on the stove for a few hours for dinner. I worked on my feet in the kitchen from 1 to 3. At 3 I was thinking about cleaning the floors and some light house keeping stuff, but instead I sat down and rested for an hour before it was time for the last push for dinner.

I think that hour of resting did help me push through for the night because Alyssa and I had an event to attend at 7 and I knew that I would be pushing my medicine back so that I was more focused for the event.

My list
1. I don't want to give up grocery shopping, but I will not carry all the bags in with one load. I will make more trips with smaller loads so that I don't strain the side.

2. I will do laundry but fold it in the laundry room, saving me from carrying the basket into another room. When I fold in the laundry room I can then grab laundry for each family member on their own, or the family member can come in and put their own clothes away.

3. I will take breaks on the weekend. A dirty floor will be there now and in 4 hours. By working in shorter bursts with breaks I should be able to keep things clean without working straight for a few hours.

4. At work I'm going to try to take more breaks as well. Instead of trying to push through I'm going to ask for 5 to 10 minutes every 2 hours or so to sit and breath, or even lay down if possible.

5. I am going to buy laundry baskets on wheels so that I can get laundry in and out of my car without having to ask for help.

6. Don't beat myself up if all paper work doesn't get done on a certain day. There is always the next day, or at home where I can sit.

I'm sure there will be many more items I add to the list but that is my start.

No comments:

Post a Comment