Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful


Today I made my students write what they were thankful for. Since they are first graders it was pretty simple and straight forward, mom, dad, friends and no school.
As the students were writing I was thinking about what I'm thankful for. I think the thing I am most great full for is my close family and friends. The first time it really hit me about how much our family and friends cared about us was at Alyssa's baptism in June as I stood up there in front of the church and saw that our family and friends took up one whole section it made my heart swell with joy.
The second time it hit me was when I found out about the miscarriage. Not even all friends and family know about it but the ones that did helped and stepped in with open arms.
As I sit and reflect over the last year of my life I have had the happiest moments and some of the saddest. Every day and I look at Alyssa and my heart grows bigger. I think about how lucky I am and how awesome God is.
I heard a quote the other day and every time I get upset I think about and has helped me get through many days so I thought I would end with that quote.
" In the end everything will be okay, if its not okay it isn't the end"

No comments:

Post a Comment