Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bath Time


Alyssa is usually a well tempered easy going baby. But when she throws a fit, watch out! The fits have been coming more and more lately as she is trying to express herself more and more. Here are a few examples:

Last night when bath time came she was one unhappy camper. We put her in the tub and she tried to throw herself down only to realize that made her face go in the water. Luckily for her, her swim lessons kicked in and she flipped over to her back and flopped down again in a back float position. Chris and I were laughing so hard, but she didn't think it was funny.

Tonight on a walk she got tired of walking and just sat down on the sidewalk and watched us walk away. The "Good-Bye I'm leaving thing" doesn't work with her yet. She just waves at you as you walk off.

She loves to undress herself. Today I thought I had dressed her perfectly. I put her in a dress that snaps between the legs with tights underneath the snaps. When I went to pick her up today, she had her arms through the head hole and was wearing the dress around her waist. The daycare teacher said "I thought you dressed her so she couldn't undress herself" I said I thought I had too but obviously I was wrong.

But then I went to put her to bed tonight and she snuggled into my shoulder and laid there until I put her to bed. I couldn't ask for a better baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment