Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day at the Lake

On Friday we had Colin's 9 month well check visit and then headed out for the Lake of the Ozarks.
     We made a stop on the way there to visit with my Grandpa. The kids had a blast finding things that they could and couldn't play with. Colin loved the TV and would crawl for it repeatedly only to be pulled away by Chris. Alyssa found some big stuffed animals and had a blast.
     We then made a stop at Central Dairy where the four of us shared a banana split. It was as good as I remembered and I think Alyssa is hooked. She ate almost all of the chocolate ice cream by herself.
      As soon as we got to the lake we took off for a boat ride. It was Colin's first time being down there and he was not so sure of the life jacket or the boat. But as soon as the boat took off he was hooked. He loved the wind in his face and watching the water.
     After we got off the boat we went for our first swim. Alyssa did not like how the life jacket flipped her over onto her back so we found a bigger one that was meant for swimming and she had a blast jumping off the dock into the water. Colin was very happy kicking his legs under his little crab floater as the air leaked out of it.
    On Saturday morning we got up and repeated all of the stuff we did the day before. However this time on the the boat ride I decided that I wanted to ski and knee board. I am happy to report that I was able to get up first try on both, but boy was I sore the rest of the trip.
     On Sunday we got up and went to the outlet mall where we had to buy the kids jackets because it was so cold. We did go for a boat ride and swim but not as long because of the wind and the colder weather. That evening good friends of the family came over and we went for an evening boat ride on their boat. The kids had a blast crawling around and watching the water together. I don't know if I had more fun watching the scenery or the kids.
   Today our plan had been to stay until noon, however it was even colder this morning and after a very cold boat ride and a 3 minute swim we decided to pack up a little early and head for home.
    Once home we enjoyed time outside, a nice walk and dinner on the deck. I also added warmer clothes to both kids closets as the cooler weather seems to be here to stay.
    The two bad thins of the trip were that Colin decided he did not like his Nana's plates and threw two of them on the floor while I was going to get his bib and they broke.





     Then the next day I had wrapped our camera in a hat on the dock. I did not tell anyone this and when we went to clean up the hat was picked up and the camera took a swim to the bottom of the lake. We were able to dive down and get it. So I was able to recover the pictures already on there, however the camera is now dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment