Monday, November 14, 2011

Dear Grandma

Dear Grandma,
   I can't believe that you are almost gone. It just doesn't seem fair to lose you so soon after losing Grandpa. I know that you miss him like crazy and I'm sure you are much happier now that you are with him. But selfishly we are going to miss you too. You were a very strong woman and fought a good fight your whole life. You didn't let anyone or anything slow you down.
    I remember so many time coming to your house and you would get an idea in your head and my parents or Grandpa would say no, but you would get that twinkle in your eye and we would do it anyways. I can remember many trips out shopping with you. One that sticks out in my head was when you came over for my birthday. You took me out shopping. On the way home you drove slower than I had ever seen you drive before. When we got home and walked in the front door for a surprise party.
  I also remember so many summers meeting you and Grandpa down at the Lake of Ozarks. You would go out on the boat and watch us ski.
    I love you Grandma. You and I spent a lot of time together and I'm going to miss you greatly. I will let my kids know how much you loved me and how much I love you.

Love,

Shannon

1 comment: