Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving

Last year the day before Thanksgiving I had a doctor's appointment and ended up in labor and delivery with contractions. Since Colin was still a little on the early side they put me on light bed rest and so I did not make my mashed potatoes and gravy for Thanksgiving.

So about a week and a half ago the e-mail went out for who will be at Thanksgiving this year. I responded that we would be there and I would bring the mashed potatoes and gravy.  Well then my Grandma got really sick. So I had to respond back that once again I had to back out of making mashed potatoes and gravy.

Instead of Thanksgiving with Chris' family this year we are going to have Thanksgiving with my Dad, Michelle, Michael and our family.

We are flying out Thanksgiving day at 6 am and getting to California about 10:30. I am excited to spend Thanksgiving at my dad's as I have not done this since before I was married. I am not looking forward to getting up at 2:45 am on Thanksgiving day to do it.

Grandma's funeral will be Saturday. We are staying until Monday afternoon so we will also be doing some sightseeing while in California.

I think this will be a good trip for the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment