Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Grandparents

Since June I have lost two grandparents. First my Grandpa(dad's dad) died of Alzheimer's. Then 2 months later my Grandma(mom's mom) died. She had been having some health problems for about two years and finally lost the battle.
   Now my Grandma(dad's mom) is not doing good. She fell a few weeks ago and broke her femur in her leg. She is now in a nursing home for physical therapy. She has stopped eating, doesn't want to do PT and won't really talk to anyone. She was weak when my Grandpa died and then got weaker and said she didn't want to live once he died. I think she has now fully given up.
    It is so hard to think about my Grandma who was so strong and happy sitting in a nursing home giving up on the life she loved so much. I know she misses my Grandpa, they were married for 61 years. I know she is frustrated with her body not doing the things that it used to.
   The selfish part of me wants to tell her to snap out of it, and pull it together. I have so many things happening in the next few months and I don't want to go to another funeral.

 My heart tells me it is getting closer to her time to go. I will be there to support my dad and my family and I know she will be in a much better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment