Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Knee

Last Friday I went running. I was so proud of my run. I ran 5.21 miles in an hour and was very proud of myself. I came home took a shower and about an hour later my knee started to hurt. Each day after that it got worse. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and she ordered x-rays and said it is either a deep tissue sprain or a torn ligament. Yesterday it felt better, I thought I was on the mend but then last night I was in more pain than I had been in all week.
Today it isn't as swollen but the pain is pretty bad. I'm hoping it is just a sprain but for right now my instructions are to stay off it as much as possible and no exercise that would move my knee (which is pretty much all of it).
 I'm disappointed because we were supposed to run a 5k on Saturday and I had gotten my running time down to 37 minutes. Now I can't do it. We were also supposed to go walk the transportation museum and now we can't do that either.
Our weekend will now be about family and hanging around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment