Saturday, April 28, 2012

Visit to Great Grandpa's House

Today we went to visit my grandpa. We had not been to visit him since last September. I called him on Tuesday to make sure it was okay that we came up and he said yes. So today after swim we packed the kids and some food up and headed to see him.
   The kids took a good nap on the way to his house. Once we got there, neither of them would look or talk to him. But they warmed up quickly and before long were running circles around the house. So we went outside to run off some energy. Colin was playing catch with Grandpa and Alyssa was trying to hit a ball with a bat with Daddy.  I was in and out while starting dinner.
   For dinner I made a pasta salad, chicken, corn on the cob, dinner rolls and a strawberry dessert. I thought dinner came out very nicely and everyone seemed to like it.
   After dinner we played for a little longer then headed for home. I love watching my grandpa interact with the kids. By the time we left Alyssa was running up to him and giving him big bear hugs which he seemed to love.
   He also gave Alyssa a cradle that was used by my mom when she was a little girl. Alyssa came home and rocked her baby to sleep in it. I think she is in love.
   We hope to go back to visit my Grandpa a few times this summer on our way to or from the lake. I know it is a lot of him with two little kids running around his house but I also think he really enjoyed the time. I would like for my kids to get to know their only living great grandparent. It is more important to me than ever since I lost 3 this last year.





On another note for me it was weird to be in the house without Grandma. I kept waiting for her to come out of the back bedroom or from outside. It made me really miss her. I know she would have loved to see the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Yes she would. She always enjoyed Alyssa so much when she got to see her but she always loved you when she got to see you!! It is strange being in the house without her. But I do believe she is still with us in spirit.

    ReplyDelete