Monday, July 9, 2012

1st Movie/No more diapers

On Sunday Alyssa went to her first movie ever. I had tried once before but we left 5 minutes into the movie because it was too loud and bright for her.
My mom, Duane and I took her to see Madagascar 3. She LOVED the movie and did really good. She started off sitting in my moms lap and then about half way through the show she moved over to my lap. She ate almost a whole small bag of popcorn by herself.
By the end she was getting a little antsy but was still sitting. I don't think a movies will become something we do often but I think it will be nice to be able to treat her to a movie every now and then.


In other big news of the weekend Alyssa decided that she was no longer going to wear pull ups at night. Last week her pull up was dry one morning. She came running into my room to tell me that her pull up was dry and she gets a pillow pet.
BACK STORY: For a few months we have been telling Alyssa if she keeps her diaper dry at night she would get a big present. So while we were on vacation she saw a commercial for dream lite pillow pet. She said she wanted one if she kept her diaper dry. Chris and I said Okay, yet when we talked later on we said we really didn't want her to have one because she would play with it all night.


Well now she is dry and remembers she wants the dream lite pillow pet. So after breakfast we sit down and order a pillow pet. She was still wearing a pull up at night but on Friday decided that she wanted underwear at night. We said okay and she has kept her underwear dry every night since she put them on. 
I'm super proud of her and glad it didn't take many nights of bed wetting to get there.



No comments:

Post a Comment