Sunday, August 11, 2013

Alyssa update

I have posted about Colin in the last few rare posts that I have put up, so I wanted to update on Alyssa.

She turned 4.5 on Tuesday! I can't believe what a young little girl she is turning into. Chris and I have started to talk about the path we are going to take for her for kindergarten. She is a very bright little girl and already knows a lot for only being 4. I'm worried that she is going to be bored in school and not enjoy it. So we are discussing our options that are in the area. We have not made a decision and I can't even say we are more inclined one way or another at this point.
Alyssa can count to about 20 with accuracy. She can recognize all of her letter and is getting better with her numbers. She can write her name, knows her address and is learning her phone number. She has become really good at tracing and coloring.
 We are still working on cutting and other super fine motor skills.
She loves to help and will help fix dinner, or clean up with ease. Today she spent the day outside with Chris and she came up with ideas on how to make the wood they were cutting to fall quieter, and was able to sweep the garage without help.
Alyssa has very strong opinions and ideas on many things and it is fun and frustrating at the same time to watch those ideas come into focus.

I am one lucky mom to have such a wonderful little girl!  

No comments:

Post a Comment