Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What is love?

I was reading another blog tonight and she wrote that she recently went to a wedding and the bride asked for her opinion on what makes a good marriage. This got me thinking about my relationship.

What makes a good marriage is so different for each couple. There are many times I look at another person's relationship and think "there is no way that would work for me." As I'm sure other people look at my relationship and think the same thing.

But I do know that I have a husband that loves me. He may not speak it in words every day but I know through his actions that he loves me. He isn't sending me flowers on a daily basis or renting a plane to fly a banner professing his love, but he does know the little things to do that make my day just a little brighter or easier.

There are many times I wonder how I got so lucky to have a man that not only does his fair share of household chores and cooking but also loves his kids with everything he has and still has enough time and love to support me in all my crazy adventures.

I know I'm not the easiest person to live with. I have a very strong type A personality. I struggle often with giving up control and having things done my way. And though I know at times he thinks I'm crazy and I catch him smiling and rolling his eyes at me, he will still do it if he knows it will make me happy.

So for me, love is taking the time to say I love you, giving a smile across the room, bringing a soda and brownie to a lunch date, and holding my hand when I'm scared.

I have a really good husband and I really good life. Sometimes I think I just need to slow down to appreciate it. And I really hope he feels the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment