Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Life

I have started this post a few times and always hit the delete button and move on. However I keep reminding myself that this blog is here so that in 10 years when I want to look back I can remember things that happened.
  About a week and half ago Chris told me that his company had told him he was going to take lead on a job. Now this is a good thing. He had been working the last few months on a new data entry process and the higher ups wanted him to try it out on this new project.
   He then told me that this new project is in Iowa. It is about three and a half hours away. Then went on to tell me that the projected time line is 18 months.

    I am so proud of all that he has accomplished with his job. Every year he gets good reviews and it seems like there are a lot of people that want Chris on their team. I'm so happy that he has been able to find a place to work that values him as an employee. Yet at the same time it SUCKS because now he is going to be gone for 18 months.
  We talked about all moving up to Iowa but with my business, Alyssa starting school in the fall, and all of Colin's health issues it just wasn't the right choice for us.
   We have told family and friends about the move but we haven't told the kids yet. We don't know exactly when he is going but it will be within the next few weeks. I'm trying to prepare myself for long days and a routine that will work for the kids and me.
 I'm not looking forward to him going but I know that we will be okay and that we can get through this and hopefully come out stronger on the other side.

The other big change is I have given up the job of opening the daycare to a qualified employee. I switched hours with her and so she comes in at 6:30 and I don't come in until 7:30. This morning was day three of this routine and I have to say that I am LOVING it. I'm not as rushed and the kids are happier when we walk out the door. It is amazing the things I can get done in the hour. I have unloaded the dishwasher twice, folded laundry and even done some snuggling and book reading. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment