Monday, March 29, 2010

Church

*GASP* I know another post. Two posts in two days?! Wow I'm going crazy.

Church is something that I have not done regularly in a long time. About a two years ago I think Chris and I went 5 times in a row and then it stopped just as fast as it started.

I have been feeling really down lately and figured I needed some changes in my life. Chris and I had talked about going back to church. He wanted to go back down to Florissant and go to the church we had been attending. We agreed to start but never did.

Two weeks ago I told Chris that I was going to go to the church right behind our house and he was welcome to join me. It was a United Methodist Church. He agreed to go with me.
We entered and there are chairs instead of pews and the bulletin is only two pages instead of 12. I was worried that Chris was going to hate it.

It started off with music with singers up front with two piano's. The words came up on a screen on either side of the stage. It was a song I knew! I hadn't sang a song I knew in years. A smile came upon my face. The second song brought tears to my eyes I sang through tears as I thought to myself "This feels like home".
The sermon I didn't get to hear much of because Alyssa was running around.

We went back this week. After the songs we took Alyssa to the nursery where she played and Chris and I were able to hear the sermon.
I love this church and I really feel like this could be our home. Chris enjoys the service as well and I think it will be a good fit for our family.

Changes are coming and I'm ready!

2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to find a church home. I miss the Methodist Church in Flagstaff that you took me to. After you left, I kept going almost every Sunday. I have a church here that I go to, but it's not "home."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you. Since leaving the Chandler Church I haven't found a church "home" either. I miss it. I'll keep looking though. I know there has to be one up here in the North Valley somewhere.

    ReplyDelete