Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Job

Two more days. That is all I have left of my job. Today most of the staff found out I was leaving. Everyone has been very supportive and has wished me good luck on my new adventures.
I am so excited to be leaving this year has been so incredibly hard that the thought of 37 more days is more than I can bear right now. Luckily I don't have to.
This new job is a full time sub position. What that means is I am working 8 hours a day 5 days a week. But if a teacher hasn't called in sick all I have to do is go in and give teacher's breaks. If a teacher calls in sick then I take over her class for the day. I am looking forward to not having any responsibility, no lesson plans, no papers to grade, no parents to call. This is just what I needed.
This week I have come home more tired than ever, and I ask my self why? It is because I'm still giving 110% to my students at school. I still am fighting to make them into the students I know they can be. I spent over 30 minutes today pushing a desk back into the spot it should be while the student tired to push it away or around me. He slammed my fingers into the table more than once, stomped on my foot and screamed cuss words in my face. Did anything happen to him when I called the office? NO they told me to follow his stupid behavior plan. I told them it wasn't working and they didn't care.
16 more hours of that place then I'm done!!!

1 comment:

  1. and by the time you read this, it will be only 8 more hours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete