Monday, December 27, 2010

Big Girl Bed


Last Saturday I decided Alyssa was big enough to move from the crib to a toddler bed. This was what I thought would be an easy move and just take off the front of her crib and put on the railing. Well an hour later it was fixed. I had to move the mattress down and find the correct screws but it was on.
That night Alyssa went to bed super easy. On Sunday she did not take a nap but went down easy for bed. By Monday night we were having trouble getting her to stay in bed at night. Last night she was so tired from no nap that she fell asleep on the couch at 6:15. By 10pm she was awake and coming into our room. By midnight I had enough of putting her to bed and told her to crawl in bed with us. An hour later she was finally asleep. But I was kicked out of bed at 2 by legs in my side.
This morning I put her crib side back up on her bed. This time it only took me about 20 minutes. For nap today I put her down she screamed for about 2 minutes and was asleep in under 10. She was the first one asleep of all the kids in the daycare. Hopefully we can go back to her easy sleeping patterns.
She was usually so easy to put down. You would lay her down and within minutes she was asleep with no crying and sleeping almost 12 hours at night straight with an hour and half to two hour nap a day. Hopefully we will be back to that by the end of the week. I can't deal with two of them up at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment