Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Firsts


Colin has now had his first bath, his first doctor's appointment and his first visitors. It is amazing how different the second child is than the first.
I LOVE to hold Colin and snuggle up with him but I do not hold him half as much as I held Alyssa. Part of this is because I'm already back to work and can't hold him and take care of kids at the same time, but the other part is I need time with Alyssa too.
Colin is very content sleeping in his swing or bouncy seat for hours at a time while I play with Alyssa or take care of the daycare.
Another difference is the firsts. When Alyssa got her first bath we took like 100 pictures. The first time we put Colin in the bath someone had to run to get the camera because we had forgotten it.
As I uploaded pictures to my computer yesterday so that I could write about some of his firsts I realized that Alyssa still had more pictures on the camera than Colin.
Chris and I both love being parents to two kids and are way more relaxed with the second but sometimes I feel a little guilty because we aren't as overbearing as we were with Alyssa.

No comments:

Post a Comment