Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Colin James



On Wednesday I had my 37 week check up. My blood pressure was up and since Thanksgiving was the next day I was sent to Labor and Delivery for blood work and monitoring. My blood work came back fine and my blood pressure went down but I was having contractions. The contractions did not amount to anything so they sent me home.

I had BH contractions all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Saturday night my family went and walked the zoo lights. That finally made the contractions stop.

All day Sunday I felt great and got a lot done.

On Monday morning I got up and at 6:15am my water broke. It was a huge gush that would not stop coming. There was mecuim in the fluid so I knew we needed to head straight in to the hospital.

We left for the hospital at 7:20 and checked in about 8:30 am. When I checked in I was 2 cm and 80% effaced. They monitored my contractions for about an hour and they were not strong or consistent so they started pitocon.

At 11 they finally let me get out of bed and onto a birthing ball. This only lasted about 40 minutes because with every contraction his heart rate would drop. They decided that I had lost too much fluid. So I got the epidural and they inserted an internal monitor and pushed fluid back into my uterus so that he wasn't being squeezed during contractions.

At 5 pm I was finally 5cm. At 6 they checked me again and I was 9. They started setting the room up. At 6:25 I started pushing. He was born at 6:33 after 3 pushes. The NICU nurse that was supposed to be in there to suction his lungs since he had mecuim did not make it in time and he took a breath, but was fine.

He was born at 37 weeks 3 days. He weighed 7 lbs 14 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long and was healthy.

He is eating like a champ and I am so in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment