Friday, October 7, 2011

Scared

On Wednesday morning Colin woke up not feeling good. He was up for an hour then went back to bed. I woke him up so we could take the kids to the park. On the way home from the park Jenni said she thought Colin's lips looked purple.
We came home ate lunch and I put him back down for a nap. A little over two hours later he was still sleeping so I went to check on him. He was cold to the touch and his lips were purple. I picked him up and ran downstairs. Jenni started a breathing treatment with him while I called the doctor.  The doctor called back quickly and told me to take him to the ER in St. Louis.
   I took him to the hospital but since I had given him a breathing treatment his oxygen pulse was 98-100% so they were not concerned about him. After 2 and a half hour wait I went to check on when we would get a room. They said at least 7 more rooms had to be cleared so I left.
   The next day I called his doctor and they said they didn't even want to see him unless he got worse. Well by 2:30 he was worse so I took him to the doctor. He diagnosed him with an ear infection and said that since his oxygen stats were 95-100% that he wasn't worried about his breathing and sent us home.

   So now I'm waiting for Colin to wake up this morning to see how he is. I'm hoping that all the breathing treatments and ear meds will make him feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment