Sunday, October 9, 2011

Similarities

I have a daughter and a son. They are 21 months apart. They are so different, yet so much the same. What is scary is some of the things they are similar in.
Alyssa was one week shy of her 11 month birthday when she got tubes. Colin will be 3 days shy of his 11 month birthday when he gets them. She has breathing issues starting at 6 months. He had breathing issues starting at 4 months.
  She stopped all baby food at about 10 months and so did he.
Their personalities are different. Alyssa is my out going one she will only watch from the sidelines for a few minutes before she is ready to jump in and be with the older kids. Colin would rather just watch from the side lines (though that might change).
 Colin is my mommies boy. He wants to know where I am at, at all times and does not want me out of his sight for very long at all. Though he will accept Daddy as a replacement if I'm not available.
   Alyssa is my little mommy. She loves to help with Colin and loves playing with him even more. Tonight she saw him fussing because he wanted some of my food. So she took it upon herself to go over and feed him some of hers.
   It will be interesting to see as time progresses how their personalities and illnesses stay similar and how they change.

No comments:

Post a Comment