Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Colin has to have surgery

My poor little boy has to have surgery at the end of this month to put tubes in his ears. I know that he will be a much happier little boy once it is done. He has constant fluid behind his ear that at times seems to be putting a lot of pressure on his ear drums and causing a lot of pain. On top of that he is having a lot of ear infections. We have done everything we can to help, elevating his bed, not letting people smoke around him, not giving him a bottle laying down, and even limiting his pacifier use. So now it is on to tubes.
   I have been through this twice with Alyssa and it was nerve racking each time, but for hers I only had about a week to think about it before it happened. This time I have almost a month. It also doesn't help that my pastor's wife went in for an "easy" procedure last week and ended up being airlifted to another hospital and had sever complications. (She is okay and home now Thank God).
   I do think my fears are a little less because we are doing this surgery at a very well known hospital in St. Louis and I know a few babies that have been taken care of there. HOWEVER I'm still scared out of my mind. There was once today where I really thought about picking up the phone and calling the doctor and canceling it.
   So since I know it is what is best, I'm going to spend the next 22 days praying that God's hands will be on my son and the doctors taking care of him and put it in his hands. (Though that really won't be easy for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment