Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Playing with the kids

Chris and I have always been big on having a family dinner and then playing with the kid/kids after dinner. Even before we had kids we would sit at the table and have dinner together the two of us when our schedules allowed. Then once Alyssa came we made sure that if we were all home we would eat as a family at the table with the TV off.
  Now it is the norm. I can only think of a handful of times in the last three years that the TV has been on or everyone has been home but dinner not eaten as a family.
   After dinner has always been the same as well. We could clean up dinner and then play with the kids.(Now before kids we would go watch TV.
   Right now playing with them is so much fun though because they can both respond and interact. Tonight we set up big puzzle pieces in the front room and were playing hopscotch, troll and bridge and any other wacky thing we could think of. The kids were laughing, running, jumping and having a great time. Chris and I were also getting a small workout in by jumping with them in our arms, flying them on our legs and chasing them.
   Colin was probably the cutest trying to jump. He would bounce up and down without his feet leaving the ground going "h H H H h". He was trying to say "hop" like the rest of us were. When I was holding him and jumping if I stopped he would bounce up and down on me until I started jumping again. As soon as I started jumping he would start laughing.
   Alyssa is getting creative and using more and more of her imagination. It is fun to hear and see what she comes up with.
  I so enjoy our nights of play.

No comments:

Post a Comment