Monday, January 9, 2012

Scars

Yesterday Chris was working on putting up lighting in our front room and I was working on getting the kitchen clean. The kids were playing upstairs together and were having fun.
For some reason Colin decided to come downstairs. This is something he has been doing on his own for about a month now. He got to 4 stairs from the bottom and slipped. He put his two bottom teeth(the only two teeth he has in his head) through his bottom lip and gave himself rug burn on his chin.
  I wanted to take him to the hospital but Chris thought it would be okay and since the bleeding stopped pretty quick we didn't go. It wasn't until this morning when the swelling went down that I realized that he put this teeth ALL the way though his lip. The poor boy is going to have a scar on his face from his own teeth.
I have a call into the doctor now to see if he has to be on any meds since I know the mouth can get infected easily.
Luckily he is a true trooper. He has eaten just fine since it happened and is playing okay. So though I know it hurts, he seems to be pulling through ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment