Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bad Day

Yesterday was a really bad day at the daycare. Nothing horrible happened, kids were just in bad moods, there was lots of different things going on all at the same time and I was super tired for all of it which I'm sure doesn't help anything.
  Poor Chris got more than a few texts from me telling him how bad my day was. A little after lunch when things still weren't getting any better I told Chris that the day was bringing up bad memories. It was bringing up feelings I had when I was teaching and no matter how hard  I tired it seemed like I couldn't do anything right. This is a feeling that I hadn't felt since I quit teaching. It was disturbing to me that this emotion could creep back up so easily.
  I had to talk myself out of it. I knew that the kids in my care were fine, no one was getting hurt or bullied, they were feed and had gotten some learning and craft time in even if things weren't going the way I wanted them to. All the parents when they picked their kids up at the end of the day were happy and no one (kids or adult) left unhappy with the services received for the day. I didn't have to worry about loosing my job or some boss yelling at me.
   I went to bed early drained from the stress, busyness and emotion of the day.
  I woke up this morning much more refreshed and even more grateful for the good days. Because I do love the job I have now. I love the kids I have and I know I'm doing a good job teaching them the things they need to know for school and I know they are enjoying their childhood.
  Today hasn't been as smooth as normal but it is a 100% better than yesterday and I will enjoy today and know that better days are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment