Thursday, September 27, 2018

Day off

I own a daycare. A year ago I was trying to find a way to make the schedule work with the staff I had. I really didn't want to hire anyone new, yet being open 12 hours a day I was struggling. Then I came up with an idea, if everyone worked 10 hour days, I could make it work.
  I put the idea out to my staff, at first they weren't sure they wanted to work that long each day. So we decided we would try it for 6 months and see how it went. At the 6 month mark people LOVED working the 10 hour days and having a day off during the week. It also saved me because if someone had an appointment on a day that they weren't scheduled off they switched with someone who had that day off. This kept the daycare in ratio but also allowed people to take days off without using sick or vacation days.
   Thursday is my day off. I still get up early because I have to get my own children on the school bus. Usually soon after they are out the door I jump in the shower and start errands or chores around the house.
   Today I decided since last weekend was crazy and this coming weekend is pretty busy I was going to relax today. I got up and ordered the groceries for Walmart pick up. I also started laundry. I then worked on a puzzle for a bit. I did get some paper work done for work along with organizing both kids Boy Scout and Girl Scout agendas for the year, typing out their requirement lists with deadlines for us to work towards.
   I got to daycare as their buses were getting there. We then went to the Library. They both love to read and it was time to get new books. I love going to the library, the kids have gone enough they know where their favorite authors are. I allow them to browse, while I also browse for new books. According to our print out this week, we have saved $1000 by going to the library instead of buying the books.
   Before we were even out of the parking lot the children had grabbed their books and started reading.(This picture was taken while waiting for groceries, the car doesn't move until everyone has on their seat belts) We stopped on the way home to pick up the groceries and some prescriptions without even leaving the car. (What an AWESOME service!!)
   My pain was between a 5 and 7 depending on the hour and way I was moving/sitting today but I pretended it was a 4 and put on a cute top and necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment