Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Tuesday

Today I woke up and pain was not my first thought. This is usually a good sign for me.
In fact I didn't take any ibuprofen until almost 2 pm today. Usually I'm taking it within minutes of getting up.
  Today however, at work within an hour of getting there I got news that sent my stress level up. This means that while my pain was under control today tomorrow will be a rough day. It always seems that the day to two days after a stressful day my pain is higher.

I run a daycare for 50 children and 12 staff. This requires a lot of movement on my part. I work with the infants, so that means being down on the floor with them as well as bending to pick up and put them down multiple times an hour. I love my job and wouldn't change it for the world, however it does make my pain worse. If a kid has a fussy day or needs more love, I put them on my hip. My hip is where the pain is, so an action like that will knock me out for an evening to a full day.

I also have two school age children. They are old enough to do things for themselves so it does make resting in the evening a little easier, however they are also old enough to be involved in scouts, soccer, swim and other social activities that take up a few nights a week. 

After today, my posts about pain are going to be intermixed with life with my business and kids.
While I want to document the pain and the struggles I work through on a daily basis, I also want to document the fun and love my life have.

No comments:

Post a Comment