Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dear Alyssa


Dear Alyssa,
You are now 8 months old! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday I could not wait for you to be born.
You have now slept through the night 98% of the time for the last two weeks. Sleeping through the night for you is going to bed between 6:30-7 and getting up to eat between 3 and 4:30 then sleeping until about 6:30. Mommy is enjoying getting a full nights sleep.
Last night you woke up at 3:30 and were coughing so much that you could not fall back asleep. I brought you to bed with us and you went right to sleep. I thought about taking you back to your bed, but you hadn't slept with us for over a month and I wanted the cuddle time so I kept you in bed with us until I had to get ready for work.
You are eating more table foods. You love saltine crackers with a passion. We give you the whole cracker and you just go to town on it. You still could care less about the baby food solids. Some days you will take them, other days you are not interested.
You can now crawl really fast across the floor and Daddy and I love to pick you up from daycare because you will see us, get a big smile, clap your hands and then crawl across the floor as fast as you can to get with us.
You also can pull up on everything! You want to try to start climbing, and we are not thrilled with that. I think you are going to be a climber.
You have been very sick the last few months. I have said a lot of prayers for you to get healthy and this week ( though it is not over) looks like you might avoid the doctor.
You are such a happy baby and I love spending every minute I can with you. I cannot wait to see what the next month brings.
I love you baby girl!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment