Monday, October 5, 2009

Whine


This is going to be a very whiny post so I understand if you don't want to read it. Today is Monday and already I can't wait for the week to be over (that is never a good sign).
This morning started out good. I did not have to be to work until 9, so Alyssa and I both took a morning nap. +2 points
I dropped her off at daycare at 8:15 and hit construction on my way out of Alton. -1 point.
I then went to the wrong location for the meeting. -1point.
Therefore I got to the meeting ten minutes late. -1 point
It was then so cold in there that I could not concentrate. -1point
This was the second time I heard the lecture so even though I could not concentrate I was able to do the activities. +1 point.
Lunch was given to us. +1 point
We got out at 3 ( an hour earlier than I get out of school). +2 points
Go pick up Alyssa and she has a rash all over her body. -2 points
Call the doctor and they tell me they can't see her and that the nurse will call me back. -0 points I guess
Go to Walgreen's to pick up her other prescription and it is not ready and their computers are down. -1 points
Doctor calls back tells me that he thinks it is a viral infection and should get better in two days. -1 point
Babysitter calls to tell me that one of the girls at daycare has been exposed to H1N1. -1 point
Chris is able to pick up prescription and dinner. +2 points
Alyssa is some what happy for the evening and goes down easily for bed. +1 point
I get all my homework done for the night. +2 points ( an extra one cause I got 14/15 on a quiz)
So if you are keeping track of points I am actually up two points for the day but it sure feels like a down day.
I know I should be grateful that Alyssa is healthy enough that Chris and I can both go to work, and that she did not have to spend any time in the hospital and that she is a beautiful loving child. But I feel that her body has to be tired. She has been sick for two months straight without a break. I know that has to take a toll on her body. I would love to pull her out of daycare for a few weeks, let her get healthy and stay healthy for a week or two and then put her back in daycare. She might not be as sick since her body would have time to heal and relax a little. But I can't do that until at least Feb, so until then I suck it up and do what I can to make her happy and comfortable.
Okay I think that is enough whine for one night and now I think I need a glass of wine. :-) and maybe a good nights sleep. Hopefully tomorrow is a +10 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment