Sunday, January 10, 2010

Great Weekend


It was a great weekend that started really early for Alyssa and I. We had snow days on Thursday and Friday because of snow and then really cold temps. It was a good thing because Alyssa was not feeling well on Wednesday and the four days home has made a huge difference.
Chris came home on Friday and was able to get off work early because of the weather and was home by 1:30. Alyssa was asleep when he got home, so when she woke up he went to get her up. She kept looking at him and then looking at me, then looking at him. It wasn't the reaction I was expecting but by an hour later you could tell she was happy he was home. For the rest of the night and most of the weekend she was his. She wanted daddy and I let her.
Starting today she went back to "normal" going between the two of us and I feel a little guilty knowing that tomorrow we are going to take Chris away from her again. It will be interesting to see if she has sleep issues this week. If she does I think it will be related to Chris being gone, if not we can say it was just a cold.
We really didn't do much this weekend since it was so cold we didn't want to take Alyssa out in the cold so we stayed in. I did go out and run errands but Chris and Alyssa stayed at home. Over all it was a great weekend. I'm sad Chris is leaving in the morning but with one week down I can say, I can do it.
Though next week will be harder since I will have to work all 5 days.

1 comment:

  1. Am so glad you had a great weekend. I did not want to bother you all since you had been apart all week. I know that you can do this but wasn't it great that you could "break into it" instead of jumping into the deep end? Sometimes those up above help us out just a little bit!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete