Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So Big


My daughter is growing up way to fast( that is a picture of what I looked like a year ago). She has a week an a half until she is one year old. After being so sick last week she decided that she doesn't like formula anymore. So after about 3 days of fighting it I called the doctor and as of tonight she does not have to have formula anymore. Also as of tonight she has learned to feed herself. Now she isn't very good at it but she can now put a spoon or fork full of food in her mouth. As I sat there watching her do it I got tears in my eyes. My baby is not a baby anymore.
I cherish every moment I have with her at night. Since Chris has been away for the last four weeks it has given me more time to spend with her, while Chris watches on Skype. She has a favorite book called "Animal Talks" that was given to her for Christmas. We can read this book about 40 times a day on a weekend. So both Chris and I know it by heart. Alyssa will now stand in front of the computer and I will turn the pages so that Chris can read her the book. It is really special to see and so glad that through technology he can still be part of our routine every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment