Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fear


At 3:25 today I was sitting at my computer upset with my students because they should have been writing and they were talking and playing. I was typing notes out to parents and saw my message light pop on. I checked the messages on my school phone and one was from the babysitter telling me she was very worried about Alyssa and to call her back ASAP. I call her back she tells me Alyssa has a fever of 103.9 is developing a heat rash, has not eaten or drank a single drop all day and she is not sure what to do. I inform her I'm going to call the doctor and then I will call her back. I call the doctor who does not seem as worried about a high fever as I am. They tell me to give it a few hours and see if it gets better.
I call the babysitter back tell her I'm on my way as soon as I can get out of the parking lot and to give Alyssa Tylenol. I was supposed to have a meeting until 6:30 tonight so my mother in law is already on her way to pick up Alyssa.
When I get to the daycare Alyssa's temp is still 102.7 and she is obviously not feeling well. I tell the babysitter well we are off to the ER.
I was very happy with the ER I signed her in at 4:47 and by 5:10 she had been seen by a doctor. By 5:50 we were walking out of the ER. That is where I was not happy because they said they thought it was just a virus but if she gets worse bring her back.
I have an appointment at 9 am with the doctor. I am going to be very forceful with questions. I understand that a baby in daycare gets sick a lot but she has been sick WAY to much. I want to know if there is something more I can do to help keep her healthy.
I love that little girl so much and can not even wrap my mind around the idea of not giving her the world. I hate that she has spent the first year of her life so sick. I think a nanny might be in our future so that she can stay a little healthier.
Ohh what a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment