Friday, February 5, 2010

THAT mom


Yesterday I was THAT mom. You know the one, the one I had always judged as I was standing in line at a store.
We had to go to Walgreen's to pick up ANOTHER medicine. Of course it wasn't ready. Alyssa had pulled her socks off in the car and so I took her in to the store without socks. At first she was happy sitting in my lap talking to me. But soon she wanted down. I tried to deny her access to the floor but after another 3 minutes of her fighting me I finally put her down. She was so much happier and so was I. She was walking around the area without socks or shoes and all I could think was this is gross.
BUT WAIT IT GETS WORSE!!
She finds in my purse her Gerber puffs. I start feeding them to her but since we had been to the doctor and pharmacy the day before as well I was running low. I ran out very quickly and another melt down was starting. I told her that we would go buy some more. So I pick her up and carry her to get more. I look at the price and they are almost $3.00. I usually buy them for less than a $1.50 at the store. So we walk over to the chip aisle and I get a bag of Cheeto puffs. We then walk back to the pharmacy area.
She is now walking around with no shoes and socks, while eating Cheeto's so she has orange hands and face.
I will not judge moms in the store again! (Okay I might a little but not as harshly). This weekend we will also be going out to get her some shoes, so that this does not happen again.

That is all until Tomorrow: Alyssa's first Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment