Monday, February 1, 2010

Memories



This week, (and probably the next few) will be posts about memories. A year ago tonight was superbowl. It was held at Judy and Chas' house. They had a special chair set up for me to sit in so I could prop my feet up. The game was a great game and I enjoyed lots of laughs and noise. Alyssa was moving like crazy in my stomach and we all joked that we were just getting her ready for the noise.
The next day (Feb 2, 2009) I went to school not feeling good and was really swollen. I went to get my blood pressure checked by the nurse and it was WAY high. She told me she didn't care what the doctor told me to do, that I was not allowed to stay at school because I was not stroking out on her watch.
I called my doctor who told me to go to Labor and Delivery. So I called in a sub and left. After spending 3 hours in Labor and Delivery and the blood pressure machine going crazy every 15 minutes (they finally taught me how to turn it off). They let me go home on bed rest until my doctors appointment on Wednesday.
I can not believe it has been a year. I look at my baby(not so baby anymore) and get teary eyed thinking that a year ago I did not know the joy and struggles this year would bring. I would not change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment