Monday, August 30, 2010

24 Weeks

24 weeks with Alyssa 24 weeks with Colin


How far along?
24 weeks

Total weight gain: About 13 pounds. But I'm still 2-4 pounds under what I was at the day I got pregnant with Alyssa.

Maternity clothes? Yep but I do still wear some no maternity tops. There is no way to fit into any bottoms that aren't maternity anymore.

Sleep: I am actually sleeping okay but I do wake up a few times a night most night and have a hard time going back to sleep.

Best moment this week: Letting my dad feel the baby move. Also watching him move from the outside

Movement: I feel the baby every night now he is getting stronger by the day.

Gender: Boy! We are thinking Colin for a name

Labor Signs: none but if I over do it during the day I get a lot of cramps and don't feel good.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting more shallow.

What I miss: Being able to bend over and not think about how I'm going to breathe.

What I am looking forward to: Getting the crib this week so I can start setting up the nursery.

Weekly Wisdom: Patience is a virtue.

Milestones: Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment