Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blood

Last night Alyssa was outside playing in the grass. She picked up two small pieces of wood that Chris had under the deck and started to come up the stairs with them. On the second step she slipped and fell. I saw it and heard the scream. I ran and got her and all I could see was blood. I ran her inside and started rinsing her mouth out. I counted her teeth and thought one was missing. My heart stopped beating. Then I counted again and realized she had all her teeth, but she had two really big gashes in her lower lip.
I didn't know what to do and of course Chris wasn't home. So I took her next door to my neighbors and asked them what I should do. They said that there was nothing the hospital could do since it was the inside of her lip. They reassured me that she would be fine.
By the time I put her to bed her lip was swollen but she was acting fine. This morning she was acting fine and just had lips that looked like we gave her botox. If you didn't know her or didn't look closely you wouldn't notice but I notice.
I'm sure its not the last time I will run her in the house with blood coming from somewhere but it was scary. The mommy part of me wanted to take her straight to the hospital. The money rational part of mommy hoped that all would be okay.
I'm glad she is okay and won't even remember in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment