Monday, August 9, 2010

Lake Baby



My daughter is a lake baby. She LOVES the Lake of the Ozarks. I swear it is in her blood. We did not get down there until late Friday night (think like 10:30). She did not want to go to bed. I think if we had let her go swimming she would have.
On Saturday morning she was up early to go swimming and play with all her toys that stay at the lake. We then went for a boat ride where she was so tired from staying up the night before, and getting up early that she fell asleep within minutes of being on the boat. This is a huge task for my daughter since she does not fall asleep in people's arms( like ever) or in cars (most of the time).
It was then home for lunch and a nap. Alyssa was the only one in the whole house that did not take a nap. It was then time for more swimming and then FINALLY Alyssa took a nap. But it was only an hour before she was back up for more swimming and another boat ride. On that boat ride she waved at every other boat, wave runner or bird that she saw.
On Sunday it was more swimming and another boat ride where she fell asleep again. This time we were able to get a few pictures. Then it was time to come home. She was so sad to leave the lake and I think she is dreaming of it nightly.
I'm so glad my baby is a water baby, hopefully her brother will like it just as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment