Tuesday, May 15, 2012

8 Years Ago Today

8 years ago today I married my best friend and soul mate. We had been together for many years and engaged for 7 months.
Alyssa took this picture of us on Mother's Day
I can't tell you the exact moment I knew Chris was the one for me, but I do know that I knew by the time I went off to college that he was meant to be mine. At our wedding my Maid of Honor said that she knew that she hadn't found true love because she had never looked at a boy the way I looked at Chris. That is something that has stuck with me. I hope that I still look at Chris the same way today that I did so long ago. I can honestly say that there are times I still get butterflies in my stomach.
   In those 8 years we have moved 3 times, I have changed jobs 7 times, and Chris has changed jobs twice.
 We have been blessed with two amazing children and a dog.These two children have made our life and marriage so much fuller. Before kids we would spend hours on the couch in front of the TV. Now the TV is usually not on until 9 at night. Our time is spent taking walks, playing hide and go seek, and being a family.

  Tonight Chris asked me if someone would have told you 8 years ago that you would be where we are today what would you say? I told him that I would have said they were crazy. This was not the path I saw my life on but I'm so glad I'm on it now.
    I look forward to Chris coming home every night. I get excited for date nights. We don't have as many as we used to, but I love that we make it a point to have them.
   Chris is my rock. He has been by my side during the toughest times, but also the happiest times.
  This last year hasn't bought too many big changes, I have actually kept my same job, there are no more babies to plan for and Chris' job has been close to home. The biggest thing we took on this year was making ourselves healthy.
   I am so proud of the new healthier us. We are more active with and without the kids, we eat healthier and our weights are much better.We have also made church a part of our lives.  We have taken time to make sure that we can be the best for each other and the best for our kids.
   I can't believe that it has been 8 years. I have had so much joy in the last 8 years I can only imagine what is to come as we truly take shapes in our jobs and in raising our kids.
I love you Chris and Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment